About This Guide
Welcome to the UC Davis Library guide for Engineering design, for Engineering 98, Fall Quarter.
This guide is intended to provide an introduction to finding information about the engineering design process. This guide includes a selective list of reference books, encyclopedias, and handbooks, as well as suggested databases for finding articles. Please see more specific subject guides for other engineering discliplines.
Information and the design process
Steps for finding information in the engineering design process:
- Map out what information is needed to solve the problem
- Understand the design problem
- Interview clients and stakeholders about their needs for the design
- (or develop personas/scenarios)
- Look at market data
- Journal articles
- Find material properties
- Use textbooks and handbooks for calculations