This guide is designed to help you identify sources for your Paper 4: Term Paper about a conceptualization of the border.
Use the tabs above to navigate to more information about the library research tools available to you and suggested search strategies.
1. TOPIC/QUESTION: How much do you know? What do you want to find out?
2. CONTEXT: Which subject disciplines/stakeholders might study your question?
3. SOURCES: What would you like to find (or are you required to use)?
- Primary: personal interviews, family documents (photos, letters, etc)
- Secondary: published sources (scholarly articles, books, etc)
|Types of Secondary Sources:||Research Tool:|
|Websites (reputable)||Commercial Search Engine(s)|
4. SEARCH: What is available about your topic in secondary sources?
5. REFINE: Narrow your focus if needed
Sometimes tracking down a few sources and reading them is a good strategy to help you identify a focus. It is typical to revise your question as you learn more about a topic.